2013 Occupy the World Food Prize Summary Report
Links to photos, videos and media coverage from the 2013 Occupy the World Food Prize campaign in Des Moines, IA, February to October 2013.
September 27, 2013 - Frank Cordaro discusses Occupy the World Food Prize on the Fallon Forum
October 5, 2013 - "Cardinal not on same page as GMO scientists" by Des Moines Catholic Worker Frank Cordaro and Sharon Donovan, Des Moines Register
World Food Prize Columns by Jim Hightower:
October 14, 2013 - "Monsanto buys a food prize" by Jim Hightower
October 28, 2013 - "The Ignoble Prize For Agriculture" by Jim Hightower
October 31, 2013 - "Monsanto’s World Food Farce" by Jim Hightower
October 15, 2013 - Bishop Dingman Panel
October 16, 2013 - OWFP News Conference
October 16, 2013 - An hour with Cardinal Peter Turkson and OWFP leadership
October 16, 2013 - OWFP Program with Cardinal Turkson and Jim Hightower at the 1st UMC
October 17, 2013 - OWFP Direct Action
- Jim Hightower, who came to Des Moines for no more than his travel expenses.
- Simpson College, for paying Jim’s expenses in exchange for his talking on campus while in Des Moines.
- The Methodist Federation for Social Action and the First United Methodist Church for free use of their church.
- Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement for printing flyers, taking photos and a video recording of the Dingman Panel.
- Rodger Routh, our Des Moines area Peace and Justice videographer for his great videos and editing work.